Strawberries from the Garden

Strawberries from the Garden

Feb 22, 2011

Roots & Greens; What do I plant?

I follow the guidelines outlined in Sally Jean Cunningham's book Great Garden Companions; A Companion-Planting System for a Beautiful, Chemical-Free Vegetable Garden. I have made adjustments to fit our needs and the growing conditions of our area.

So, in my two beds I have designated for Roots and Greens I will plant the following;
Swiss chard, kale, lettuce that does not bolt, carrots, parsnips, turnips, onions, beets, garlic, shallots, celery, spinach, and then greens that will do well in the fall such as Kale and Swiss Chard.

Interplanted with my roots and greens will be bachelor buttons, cosmos, and marigolds. I like to tuck nasturtiums around the edges of my raised beds of roots and greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment