Strawberries from the Garden

Strawberries from the Garden

Mar 10, 2013

Preparing for Cole Crops

This weekend I was able to get a couple of my raised beds ready for early season plantings such as cole crops and peas. I have 2 beds that I put in post with wire for peas now and to support tomatoes later. One of my beds I prepared for beans and potatoes. I will plant my potatoes in the 'valleys' and my beans on the 'hills'. As the potatoes grow and I add dirt to 'hill' them, they will end up slightly higher than the beans but they will be more secure in between the hills of beans. (I'll post pictures of what I mean as they grow.) I have one bed planted with green cabbage and Chinese cabbage. My husband helped me to put down soaker hose. I then used fiberglass rods to make hoops over the bed so I could protect the bed with frost cloth. I'm not done prepping beds, but I think I'm off to a good start!







No comments:

Post a Comment