Strawberries from the Garden

Strawberries from the Garden

Mar 17, 2011

When I think of St. Patrick's Day- I think of Peas!

So today is St. Patrick's Day and the weather is amazing! As soon as I got home I went out to the garden and started uncovering my raised beds. They have been nestled in fall leaves all winter and it is time to see what the dirt looks like. I love how great the soil is after being covered in leaves all winter! So, I uncovered the dirt, worked some of the more decomposed leaves into my soil with my garden fork and now I'll let the beds set for a day or two. I'll add some dirt, hummus, and compost and then let the pea planting begin. What a wonderful day! I can't wait to get started. As soon as I plant peas, there's no turning back. It's garden time!

2 comments:

  1. We too had an amazing weather yesterday! What a coincidence! I just planted peas - on St.Patrick's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I plant every couple of weeks until about the middle of April so that I have a steady supply. If by chance it gets too hot too soon, I just pull out what doesn't make it in time. Usually, by having successive plantings you get a decent amount. Now if me and the border collie can just wait until we get in the house to eat them!

    ReplyDelete