Strawberries from the Garden

Strawberries from the Garden

Mar 25, 2011

Snap Back!

It's true, planting this time of year is always a gamble. But it's a gamble I'm willing to make! We got a hard frost last night and I'm sure now all of my peas can be called 'frosty'! Time will tell if I need to replant. I always plant successive plantings anyway, so I should be fine. It's just sad to look out and see frozen ground and not so happy strawberry plants in the morning. Luckily, by afternoon, even though it's only about 45 degrees, the strawberries have snapped back and they look pretty good.

One year, I will get the timing just right on my peas. I guess I'd rather gamble and plant early, just in case! Regardless, in the next couple of weeks we should have peas starting to come up! I can't seem to find enough nice days to start hardening off my plants so I can set them out in the garden. At this rate, I may be harvesting bok choy in my kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. Same here! My peas are all snowed over! If they don't show up in a week or two, I am planning to replant as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you plant every two weeks, you'll be in good shape!

    ReplyDelete